bad day
My bike was almost stolen today!
It was parked along one of the busy main roads, which I least expected such crap to happen! But still thiefs roam everywhere! Beware!
Someone tried to break the padlock, which was distorted and no way I could open with my keys. After meddling for a long time, still no results! I was stranded!
Think think think!!! What to do?!!!
Called my friends: Hey, google for the nearest locksmith!!!
Nope, nothing positive!
What else? Locked up with more locks?!!!
Leave it overnight and settle it with the locksmith next day.
Hmm...Maybe I'll keep it as the last resort if nothing helps...
Okok let me just go into the nearest building to ask for help, surely they have some tools to help me break the lock. Asked the first security guard and he said their 'operator' was off-duty. Then I went to the next building, asked for help, and their 'operator' guy was patrolling. Also just my luck, that guy left behind his walkie-talkie, and no way the security guard could contact him. No choice, I waited as 'patiently' as possible for that guy to be back. Indeed, my 'patience' paid off, in an hour's time...sigh...he was BACK!!!
After repeating my story for umpteen times, he said "Sorry, can't help you, how do I know that's your bike?! I've make the same mistake before and I don't want to make any more mistake, and my boss don't allow us to do such things...blah blah blah..." What the hell?!!! After waiting all the while, and pinning ALL my hopes on this guy, he dared to shove me off just like that?!!!
Okok cool it! Surely he would not let a 'girl' to be stranded at this 'hour' ;) so I added a bit more quiver in my voice, plus a bit of more helplessness and anxiety while still 'begging' for help. Also most importantly I had the keys to the locks and definitely able to prove my bike.
At last he said, let's go out and take a look then! Great! I pointed to him where my bike was, and he said, "That area's security belongs to that building, we are not responsible." I was thinking, oh no, not another rejection again! So I had to explain to him that the building's operator was off duty and blah blah blah...
Anyway, in the end he still examined my bike, and we tried to twist and turn the lock but to no avail. At last he said, "I will go get some tools." Hahahaaa :D battle won half-way! And in the very very end, just a few quick moves, he snapped open the lock. I was definitely relieved and grateful to him! Not knowing what's more else could I do, I could only thanked him profusely, until he went out of sight... :o)
On closer examination, I realized that one of the buckles of the metal chain was already broken, and the chain could be easily removed from the lock, and thus my bike could have been tow away then!!! Maybe something happened and scared the thief away...thanks to whoever, whatever that happened...
And so after being stranded for more than 2 hours, here I am, back and writing my blog, with my dear baby parked neatly in the kitchen...
Sigh...What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment