Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happiness starts NOW!

Sometimes, we tend to say "oh how I wish weekend is here soon..." or "oh I look forward to my holidays soon". Most of the time, we tend to look forward to something in the future, and making us happy in the short run. My question is, why do I have to rely on something in the future to make myself happy :) now?!!

I recognize that happiness starts NOW! Why should I defer my happiness to the future? Does that mean if I had the weekend, and the holidays I dreamed of, I will be happy forever? Well, maybe yes, maybe not. After being back on weekdays, or back from holidays, I will still end up 'looking forward' to another weekend or holidays again! Why should I defer my happiness, because tomorrow may never comes...

After all, it is a matter of attitude. How do you approach each day, and make it feel like the 'weekend' or 'holidays' that you 'look forward to' everything? How to face each day as fully as it is? How to live each day like how it is suppose to be? Be it a good day, or a bad day. If it is good, then enjoy it and share with someone with the happiness; if it is bad, then get angry or sad in it just for the day itself. When tomorrow comes, it is another grand new day again, another new day for more adventure, and experience!!!
The happiest people don't necessarily have everything; they simply utilize all the potential in what life has to offer...

No comments: