earthQuake!!!
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit central Canada this afternoon, rattling buildings from Windsor to Montreal and several U.S. states.
An earthquake with a magniture of 5.5 is considered to be a moderate one but it can cause major damage to poorly constructed buildings over small regions. At the most, it should cause only slight damage to well-designed buildings.
This is so scary!!! I thought Canada never has earthquake! In fact, I didn't know that it was an earthquake until my friend called me an hour later after what I had experienced!
I recalled feeling that the room was shaking, for quite a while actually, like a minute...and remembered seeing the flower pot on the table swung left and right. BUT I thought that must be the subway or heavy trucks passing by. Little did I know that it was an EARTHQUAKE!!
What really bothers me is that eastern Canada never seems to have earthquake before, and so the buildings are not quake-proof. If the quake gets any stronger, think the building may have collapsed!
I am still scared!
No comments:
Post a Comment