9 Months Evaluation
Have been 9 months now...only left a quarter year to go!!! So fast!!! Happy times always go fast, soon my holiday year will come to an end!
At crossroads again! No plans confirmed for the future yet!
I look forward to be back home for friends and family, yet no strong urge to stay put in a single place. Still have the desire to move around the world, so much to see, so much to experience, yet so little time! While still having the energy & time & opportunities to do it now, so why not?
Based on permutations & whatever combinations, there are 4 groups of people, and soon I will belong to one of these groups:
1° Asian people on traineeship to Europe, now still in Europe
= People whom I can relate to, and fight our homesickness together
2° Asian people on traineeship to Europe, now back in Asia
= People whom I look forward to exchange our memories of Europe
3° Non-asian people on traineeship in Asia, now back to Europe
= People whom will make me realize the 'serious' impact Asia has on them, and how they make me laugh when they speak with Singlish accent ;D
4° Non-asian people on traineeship in Asia, now still in Asia
= People whom will make me appreciate & understand more about Asia, and they will make me realize the worst tourist of my country is myself...
And talking about the AIESEC experience, about being Change Agent...
~ I don't know, not sure if I've made an impact on someone's else life...
Maybe I should launch some survey to gather both positive/negative feedbacks, did I make a change to their life?!!! ;D Stay tuned...
~ But definitely, the environment and the people around me have made impacts on me...
° Be it the local Belgians or the international community whom I came across, everyday is filled with interesting cultural exchanges, eg. your way of doing things & our way of doing things etc. It is very interesting! You tend to be more cultural sensitive towards others in terms of languages, attitudes, behaviours, and you seek deeper to understand the reason of difference.
°° We can literally feel the impact of global warming, it is visible here, coz the weather goes out of control. Winter is warm, summer is cool. It is not normal anymore! Summer now has more rainy days than sunny ones, now I appreciate sunny days back in Singapore.
°°° The visibility of the activities of European Union, because European Commission is right in the heart of Brussels. There are lots of diplomats, lobby/interest groups, interns coming from all over the world. We've also seen the entrance of Bulgaria and Romania into the big EU family.
°°°° Arts & cultural immersion is convenient, with the presence of museums, exhibitions, concerts, festivals everywhere now, especially during this summer.
Personally, I feel more stabilized now, in terms of relationships.
§ Have built up that kind of bonding with colleagues, between the professional work attitudes and the more easy-going times.
§ Got used to meeting new people and getting into the first few introduction conversations, sometimes getting tired of meeting new people too...
§ Also feel the urge to hang out more with some good friends and forming cliques.
§ Have to be more active in joining/organizing activities with friends or for myself, places to explore, parties to attend, hobbies to adopt, just to fill up my schedule and make my stay here more meaningful & worthwhile...
So far, this is how I evaluate the situation for my 9 months here...
No comments:
Post a Comment