Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Judgement Panel

24 April 2007

Putting someone on the judgement table is never easy though...
I was invited to be on the Review Board panel to interview candidates for the exchange programs.

° We questioned about how Belgium could be showcased. The candidates might not realize that things trivial to them, or seems normal to them can actually be quite interesting to the foreigners. Example: the food, cartoon character Tintin, beers, way of life etc. In fact, I do learn more about Belgium during the interview!

°° Sometimes it's quite easy to identify the personality of a person, based on how he writes his cover letter and how the resume is presented. Example: a passionate person tends to use strong and (positively) extreme wordings; a rational person may prefers the classic template for his resume and tends to be more practical with his experiences etc.

°°° Going for traineeship = to give OR to get?
Thinking about it, I am able to get, more than I can give, because the organization is evolving too fast for me to be relevant, so I can only give up to what I can provide. At least, old folks like me is still useful for interviews haaa...

No comments: