Sunday, April 01, 2007

Visit to Oostende

1 April 2007

Thought I need a breather these days, need the sea for a while, for some fresh air...since a long time I've last been to the seaside...

A few options in Belgium and I decided to go to Oostende...and the weather is super, perfect to go to the sea...


Yachts along the Montgomery docks. Along the docks, there is also the Three-Master Sailing Ship Mercator, which is the former training ship of the Belgian merchant navy and it is a maritime museum now.


St. Peter and Paul's Church, the neo-gothic main church of Oostende built in 1905.

You would just walk forever along the beach, it's a long long stretch of beach, like never-ending...very very nice beach...and lovely sunshine :D

There were alots of people! Lots of tourists! And a pleasant surprise, most shops were opened for business, on a Sunday! Good coz I did some shopping then, and got some good deals ;)

Along the seaside, there are also stalls selling seafood eg. soup, mix of seafood salad, and with dried fishes hanging around...

Somewhere along the beach, there is the Casino-Kusaal of the city which was built in 1953. It is the biggest casino in the country and comprises gaming halls, exhibitions and congress halls.


Statue of King Leopold II who developed the Thermae Palace & Royal Galleries in 1905 and had a length of nearly 400m.

The Seaman's Memorial, a monument erected and dedicated to the memory of all those who lost their lives at sea...

Enjoyed the sun & sea & sand from morning till evening, hoped to absorb all the energies and to start afresh again...I need the energies!!!

No comments: